Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: about 5 minutes
For the rarebit:
- 300g Cropwell Bishop Blue Stilton, crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon crème fraiche
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 small slices sourdough or walnut bread, halved
- 3 tablespoons caramelised red onion chutney
Fresh watercress leaves, to garnish
- In a small bowl, beat together all the rarebit ingredients.
- Place the bread on a baking tray and lightly toast on both sides, under a pre-heated hot grill.
- Spread each slice of bread with a little of the chutney, then pile the rarebit on top.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve immediately garnished with watercress.